Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sleep

Finally I'm embarking on my project  after CNY which it could be my last short film; purely written, directed, produced and perhaps acted by me. I could never imagained accomplishing so much after I left my job. There were occasional fear, bills, shopping and etc.. that will crept in suddently and caught me worrying in the past 1 year. Yet all this while, I lack nothing. Occasional voices of self-condemnation will arise, telling myself "you are going broke, you are not progressing anywhere as an actor, you want to have a family? Never". It will cause you to feel irresponsible and sometimes I do not know how to answer people when they asked so what do you do everyday as a freelance videographer? I thanked God at least I really enjoyed this period of time. I thanked Him because not many people can do what they loved and still be paid for it. I also tried to feel the peace, joy and love when I'm on set. I know its His favor that I'm selected. Although I have nothing to boast as most of all the roles are nothing worth mentioning, although some of the vids i shot are not broadcast publicly, I finally have more clarity of my priorities in life.

I have been sleeping much. I remember Stephen chow was asked, "When you were still doing small roles on tv and movies, not everyday you get to act, so what do you do most of time?" He answered "Sleep". "So that when the opportunites comes I'm engerised". What he actually said was quite true. Now that I had ample rest, I do realised that it is more easy to wake at 3am for wedding shoot and 5am for call time as opposed to when I had full time job.

Of course sleep was not the only take away from the interview. Stephen Chow mentioned that he spent a great amount of time reading and watching foreign films which means he did a great amount of research. The time came and he seize the opportunity and the rest is history. What seems like his "down" period was actually the period that solid foundation was build upon. Laying the foundation takes the longest time but when it is ready, Boy it will be a time of acceleration.

Not sure what to write now, coz having quite a mixed feeling now, wanted to rest yet on the other hand, I do feel a little excited to start my project, and at a slower pace. In my following post I hope to blog about the topic Acting based on my own research and observation over the years which i also want to document for future reference. Happy CNY:) Cheers!