Thursday, December 18, 2014

Past nightmare

Its raining heavily the whole morning and probably till evening the rain will stop so I can't go out or do much so I'm blogging again.

So I went for my driving practical after almost a year of procrastination and 3 years halt. So what happened was when I ord I was very garang and excited about learning driving and I cleared all theory within 2-3 months all through self learning. I didn't have much cash so I decided to pick up practical only after I joined my previously job. But I was very frustrated because back then I was on probation which means I need to work every sat till don't know when which also means I'm only free only on mon-sat evenings and whole of sun.. and after 6-7 months, I decided I better start my practical before my FTT expires. I researched and found out about this private instructor called Steven S**. He has a nice website with tons of testimonial from his students mentioning how grateful they are to him. So I called him and I started learning.

1st lesson he taught how to move off, stop and do U-turn at a deserted car park. 2nd lesson, he drove me to a lim chu kang road and we exchanged seat and he said okie drive. So I started to move off. Along the way he will say "change to gear 2" or  "gear 3" and I will be like how? then he will also say "signal left" and I will say the same thing "how?". I could feel his frustration but I wasn't guilty at all. I said "Sir you got to teach me if not I wouldn't know". So he taught me and I drove to kranji dam and I remembered I even drove passed ntu and city harvest church. Along the way whatever comes to his mind he just taught me like how to move off from slope etc..  the pdi was probably in his late 60s to early 70s...his speech was slurred and most of the time I couldn't comprehend what he was teaching. The only thing that he speak very clearly was profanity. Somehow he has the impressions that I know how to drive already or is it all pdi are like that? No structure to his lesson plan as well.

3rd lesson was on a sunday morning. I reached on location but he wasn't there. Called him and he said he had another student that has exactly the same name and surname as me. He had a lesson on the same day but cancelled the lesson so he thought that person was me. So never mind, he said he will come and teach me but needed at least 1-1.5 hour to reached. So throughout that time I waited for him like a fool. I remembered there was an incident where he wanted me to do a lane change which I have no idea how. A stationary car was in front me and I signal but no car allow me to cut in. I attempted to cut in despite the heavy traffic and my pdi took over the steering, stop the car and we exchange the seats. Honestly I don't know what happen and how to handle the situation at that time. He drove me back and on the way he just scolded me, "fuck you la", "chee bye just now the situation dangerous you know", "knn". I was calmed outwardly but deep down I was devastated and I don't know what happen. I remembered when I left the place he even say please go find other pdi.

I talked to my colleagues the next day about the situation and I decided not to go for my next lesson despite the fact that I already paid for it. So I forfeited my money. The pdi was not like what is mentioned in his testimonial... patient, funny and understanding. Totally the opposite. And not appreciative at all despite the fact that I missed my lunch and took a cab down for my first 2 lesson just so I can make it in time for his lesson. The irony was he called me  after 3-4 months to asked me if I was interested to learn from him again and I told me nicely no.

My mind is set for school and school it shall be.