Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Time flies

This week marks 1 year since I left my company. Life has been slow and steady for the past few months. There are days where I will go to the stadium for a jog and just observe people. I felt the simplicity of life, simple pleasure, simple things. I was so busy back in my previous job, I felt a certain sense of responsibility, someone that is needed all the time and always have things to do. Perhaps it is called "living the motion" . While it feels good to always have things to do,  I actually was too busy to indulge myself in activities like jogging or strolling around the neighborhood to see what people are doing , which seemed a waste of time, sounded so sad indeed.

I was freelancing for an individual that does weddings vids. I really learned a lot from him specially in the area of technical aspects but somehow there was no peace in the process. Always second guessing his thoughts which I realized this is something I hate while working with people. I'm also helping another person doing corporate vids. Somehow I don't learn much because  90-95% shots are static yet I enjoyed the moments I spent with the production team. I have been getting more acting assignments lately and the more I attempt on both aspects (being the videographer and being an actor) the more I realized that I really enjoyed performing rather than being behind the camera these days.

It has been 1 year since, not that I didn't feel the pressure of not working, I do, I felt I should, as a responsible adult, yet at the same time, I am still quite "disillusioned?" I like acting... so how? get a proper job then pursue it part time? Or get a part time and pursue my passion? I know which ever job that I apply, acting and film is still something I will do in a lifetime. My Shepherd please help me!